The John R. Park Debate Society is proud to offer scholarships to outstanding high school competitors who would like to join the University of Utah’s award-winning program. Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of applicants’ academic abilities and their potential for success as part of the program. Scholarships will cover up to full in-state tuition and fees based on the applicant and the number of scholarships awarded.
Interested students should submit the following by electronic or regular mail:
- A John R. Park Debate Society Application form.
- A personal statement explaining reasons for applying, why you are choosing to continue forensics in college, and any evidence of financial need.
- A resume detailing forensics and other extra-curricular, employment, service, and other activities.
- A copy of your high school transcript (please submit a copy to Utah Forensics as well as the University’s admissions office).
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One addressing your forensics experience, etc. from your current coach
- One addressing your academic background and potential from a teacher
Materials should be sent to:John R. Park Debate Society
c/o Michael Middleton
255 S. Central Campus Dr, Rm. LNCO 2400
Salt Lake City, UT